March 16, 2010

Fort Summit KOA Florida: Feb. 17'th - March 17'th

Were at the KOA in Orlando and we thought that it being a KOA it would cater to the kids. NOT! They did not have one thing scheduled for kids during the whole month stay. Their heated 81 degree pool is not 81 degrees and hardly anybody in the park ever went in it. The kiddy pool is not heated at all and was freezing. The playground is a sand pit with glass and pickers and their equipment was breaking down. Minni golf cost each player $3.00. No book exchange, which I love book swapping. Plus they charge for coffee in the morning, never saw anyone charge for it before. But we make our own so no hard ship for us there.
Just a total let down considering we were stuck there for a month with no car and it cost $800.00. I am not a big KOA fan after this stay. I'm not sure if I would just stop at a KOA again after this experience. I always heard what a great family campground they were and this was not for families as far as I'm concerned.
I was not the only other parent who was upset with the place almost every parent I talked to was let down by their experience here also.

1 comment:

  1. We've gone about 30,000 miles in our RV around the country and stayed at KOAs just a handful of times. I have not found them to be any better than other RV parks and they're definitely pricier! Sorry you're stuck there for a month. Live and learn, right?
    http://www.traveltoast.com

    ReplyDelete